[Elin Pendleton - Paintings plus Art Lessons] August 7 - First Day up to Morro Bay

Elin Pendleton

Aug 8, 2013, 2:40:51 AM8/8/13
to dailypa...@googlegroups.com
OK, I'm forwarding this to y'all on the daily paintings mailing list, and hope it isn't a duplicate.
If it is, would you reply and let me know? I'm still sorting out distribution issues!

Follow the Journey

On Facebook (Art) Elin's Facebook ART Page which is all about art, or
"Regular" Elin on FB Elin's Facebook Page which includes motorcycles, politics and other edgy topics.
Elin's web page: See all her art!
Elin's Daily Painting Blog: The Blog
Twitter: @ependleton

Blogging the Trip

I'm posting these blog entries after the end of the trip, because I just couldn't get it all to work as I was on the road.

I made notes and took images, and now am sharing them with you on this "official" blog.

First Day - Morro Bay
First day: 277 miles from Riverside to Morro Bay. No painting along the way because of traffic and Los Angeles congestion on the freeway. But once we dropped down to Oxnard and then headed up the 101 to Santa Barbara, the freeways opened up and the vistas along the ocean were grand. Jo and I rode our bikes into Morro Bay where we were able to find excellent, dog-friendly accommodations at the "Pleasant Hotel" just a block and a half from the bay. The image above shows my bike parked with the edge of Morro Rock visible on the left. The ocean is right THERE... as is the "Embarcadero" or dock area. Wow!

Our rooms weren't ready quite yet, so I took Jo on a tour of the area south of Morro Bay, including Los Osos, and we stopped where I'd painted almost 30 years ago with Joyce Pike. Joyce taught me so much about "painterly strokes" during that workshop, that it was an honor to sit there and paint another of the same vista.This is a tiny 5 x7 oil of Morro Rock from the State Park area, done in oils, with the fog coming in. Soft colors, distant fog.

Jo took a picture of me painting with Sparky finally getting a nap on his "doggie donut" aka security bed.
We were both tired from the long, busy drive on freeways, so made a short night of it after a quick dinner down by the ocean. Morro Bay is very dog friendly!
Thanks for reading,
Elin
...and please forward this to your friends.
Elin Pendleton, POB 5954, Riverside, CA 92517, www.elinart.com
If you want to unsubscribe from my mailing list, please don't use the link below, but email me, and I'll be sure to remove you.

--
Elin Pendleton, AAEA, WAOW
The Paintings:  http://www.elinart.com