It was quite shocking, but it was not long before you could get a diagnosis

Richard G. Traylor

Nov 13, 2021, 12:35:06 PM11/13/21
to dailyhealthstudy

I'm also obligated to say how lucky I wasI still feelas a doctor who saw me took one look at my rash before saying, "You have shingles." Because as I've learned many instances of shingles can be misinterpreted by doctors to be something else. This is alarming: If the problem isn't dealt with immediately the condition can cause lasting nerve damage, which can cause long-lasting discomfort. According to MedlinePlus this type of pain is known as postherpetic nervegia and can affect as many 20 percent of the people who develop shingles. The older you are the higher the risk, notes the National Institute on Aging.

gold room atlanta mangafreak naruto and hinata wedding pakistani young couple wedding wedding hands

 I was shocked and relieved to learn that the doctor had confirmed the diagnosis. Although shingles can be caused due to stress, the diagnosis made sense. I was engaged in a heated debate with a close friend. I felt the anger and sadness build up inside me, like a pressure. It was like having two sets of hardened and paralyzing veins.

relation photography photography session puppy culture fairy aesthetic red leggings mikasa cosplay

 The doctor said that rashes may appear in various patterns, and the area in the eye area is one of them.

fancy nails prince naveen crib skirt metal shoe racks josh duhamel dating anna kendrick dating gucci bucket hat

 The doctor went on to state that because I was suffering from shingles in the same area that I did, it was necessary to see an ophthalmologist immediately. If the rash gets into your eye, it can cause serious damage to your vision. Although my vision was not affected by the incident during my appointment with an urgent care doctor she suggested that I go to an eye doctor to be safe.

jadah marie denver pop culture con u wedding pie strain gwen stefani wedding dress red wedding dresses melania trump wedding dress

 The urgent care doctor also advised me to take seven days' worth of Valtrex (valacyclovir) which is an antiviral drugthat is used to fight the infection causing the itching. I was allowed to take NSAIDs (nonsteroidal-anti-inflammatory drugs) for pain relief , if required, but I decided not. She suggested that everything would be gone in about one week.

 A few hours later I went to see an ophthalmologist , who confirmed that the shingles didn't get to my eye. Just to be safe I was advised to buy some over-the counter eye drops that lubricate the eyes, which could help keep the eye healthy. To reduce the chance of infection, she also advised antibiotic drops.