It was shocking, however it was not long before you could get the diagnosis

Richard G. Traylor

Nov 13, 2021, 11:11:51 AM11/13/21
to dailyhealthstudy

It's important to stress how fortunate I was to have my shingles diagnosed by a doctor. The doctor examined my rash and advised that shingles can result in chronic pain and nerve damage. According to MedlinePlus, this pain is known as postherpetic neuralgia and may affect up to 20 percent of the people who experience shingles. According to the National Institute on Aging, the risk of developing shingles is greater if you're older.

ahegao complete children's health acr health occupational health nurse jobs perfect hair health

 "What?" I said and was shocked, happy, and impressed by the speed and certainty with which the doctor made the diagnosis. Although shingles can be caused by stress, it made sense. I was engaged in a heated debate with a friend who was close to me. I was able to feel the anger and sorrow get buried in me, as if I was under pressure. It was as if I had an additional set of hardened, that would cause a paralysis of veins.

north beach health club whatley health services associate health check beaumont behavioral health

 "The eruption appears in distinctive patterns," the doctor said, "and where you have it in your eye is one of them."

 The doctor said that I should see an eye doctor right away due to the risk of shingles invading my eyes. While my vision didn't appear to be affected at the time of my appointment with an urgent care doctor but she suggested that I visit an eye doctor to ensure my safety, and so she suggested I see an ophthalmologist.

journey mental health pat walker health center nau campus health oak orchard health

To take care of the virus which caused the rash, an urgent medical doctor prescribed Valtrex (valacyclovir) for seven days. I could also take NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) to relieve the discomfort if I had to however, I didn't. The doctor said that the pain should disappear in about one week.

planet fitness gainesville covd hard jewelry europa supplements outdoor yoga purple yoga costco exercise bike stamina exercise bike exercise bar push jerk exercise

I saw an ophthalmologist just a few hours later. He confirmed that the shingles had not made it to my eye. To be sure I was advised to purchase lubricating drops over the counter for my eye in order to keep it safe. Also, she prescribed antibiotic drops to lower the chance of developing an infection.