Fwd: Permaculture Solstice Convergence Planning Meeting 2:30 Fri May 21, 2010

Jayvan...@aol.com

May 27, 2010, 11:43:14 AM5/27/10
to daik...@googlegroups.com

Heyall,

Here's the minutes of the Convergence planning meeting on Friday. Please check them over for any corrections and fleshing out of details.

Following that is the announcement for the convergence to go out to the yahoogroups and the website. Please check it out for details and suggested modifications. I'd like to send it out by Friday 28.

Thanks Ken

Merritt Permaculture Solstice Convergence MPSC Planning Meeting Minutes

Present: Molly Sealund, Anders Vidstrand, Carla Nagy, Christopher Shein, Jay Van Arsdale, Ken Litchfield

Institutional Interfacing:
Dean Approved, Business Office Sign off. Paperwork signed by Ken, Molly walking it through.
Money by Suggested Donations for Entrance fee of $5 for Students and $10 General, $25 for Booths from outside Merritt. Can sell stuff from booth as per Hida Tools at Plant Sale
Moneys go toward Information Kiosks for Landhort grounds - Anders will put together kiosk info laminations
Convergence poster or Flier - Molly or Janet
Maps with pins of Permaculture Locations of attendees
12 Permaculture Principles, 3 Permaculture Ethics - Fair Share, Earth Care, People Care, Christopher

Transport - Directions, Parking on Campus Dr., Parking on Landhort Grounds for Sunday Herbs and Joinery Students only starting at class time 11.

Convergence Schedule -

12 Noon
Doors Open
Sign In - Front Gate
Orientation Tours - Gather at the Birch parking lot island, tour around the buildings past the bathrooms, Hot Spots, to the lawn and potluck drop off

12-1
Social Hour
Gather in Lawn Area, Meet and Greet, Lemonade/Herbal Ice teas, Drumming and Music, Booths

1-1:15
Opening Ceremony

1:30-3
Landhort Presentations
3 Formal Grounds Tours
1 Permaculture tour of established Gardens, 1 Tour of new gardens, 1 Herb/Mushroom Tour
Demos - Compost, Herbs, Wood Cutting w/ Eric Fulmer portable saw mill, Joinery w/ jay Van Arsdale, From Garden to Table  Cooking Demos w/ Jay Holochek and Pauly Plotkin
Booths - Fermentation, Propagation, Others from outside
Plant Sale

3-5
Skillshares from the Permaculture Community
Anders - East Bay
Carla - SF
June 3rd deadline for Skillshare Demo RSVP

5-6:30
Potluck
Open Mike - 5 min each

6:30-7 Cleanup

Promotions and Outreach
Merritt Students
MSSF, CRFG, Beekeepers, Ecology Center Calendar, Facebook
Urban Permaculture Institute - Kevin Bayuk and David Cody
Phillip Minnick - Landhort Website and Ecology Center Calendar
SF Urban Farm Alliance

Setup and Cleanup

Next Meeting - Friday June 4th 2:30

Next Public Announcement:

"Call for Skill Share and Booth Entries 6/3/10 - Merritt Permaculture Solstice Convergence 6/20/10"

The Merritt Permaculture Solstice Convergence will be from noon to 7pm on Sunday June 20th 2010 at Merrritt Landscape Horticulture Department.

We have many Permaculture, Natural Building, Organic Gardening, Urban Agriculture, Wilderness and Feral Skills presentations planned, from herbs and mushrooms to garden construction, composting, organic gardening, beekeeping, aquaculture, and garden/wilds to table cooking demos.

The general schedule for the event will be:
12-1 Orientations/Meet and Greet/Booths/Music/Herbalemonade Teatime Social Hour
1 Opening Ceremonies
1:30-3 Landhort tours, demos, booths, and presentations
3-5 Skill share Demos and Booths from the Permaculture and gardening community
5-6:30 Potluck Dinner/Open Mike/Social Hour
6:30-7 Cleanup

Suggested donation entrance fee is $5 for students and $10 for general and $25 for a 2x6' table or your own setup.

To present a skill share andor booth at the Convergence please RSVP by June 3rd to get scheduled to me at litchfi...@gmail.com (litchfield dot ken at gmail dot com) with "Convergence App" in the Subject line. To volunteer RSVP with "Convergence Vol" in the Subject line.

We'll be posting further updates here and on the Merritt Landhort website - http://www.merrittlandhort.com/

Thanks Ken

Original Put-on-Your-Calendar Announcement:

Solstice Permaculture Convergence @ Merritt Landhort Sunday 6-20-10

Heyall,

Christopher Shein and I are pleased to announce that Merritt Community College Landscape Horticulture Department will be hosting the 6th Annual Bay Area Permaculture Convergence. It will be a one day event on Sunday afternoon, June 20th, the day before Summer Solstice. It will have a modicum of a fee and a giant potluck with many Permaculture, Natural Building, Organic Gardening, Urban Agriculture, Wilderness and Feral Skills activities and booths manifest.

Please put this event on your calendar and let me know if you would like to help plan, organize, or volunteer for this event andor have a booth or table.

We'll be announcing periodic updates.

Thanks Ken

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Ken Litchfield <litchfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Heyall,

This email is going out to folks who expressed an interest in participating in the planning or volunteering for the event or were suggested to be interested. If you aren't interested please let me know to remove you from the list. If you know of others that would like to be involved in planning or volunteering for the event please pass their contact info along to me.

We'll be having a planning meeting at Merritt Landhort 2:30 Friday May 21 for the Permaculture Solstice Convergence at Merritt Landhort from 12-7 on Sunday June 20th.  We'll be discussing further details of the activities we plan to have at the convergence.

Whether you can make the meeting or not please reply to this email to make inquiries and suggestions for the event, or other dates or places you can be available to meet at if you can't make the meeting.

Thanks Ken

These are the minutes from the first planning meeting to flesh out the activities of the event.

Permaculture Solstice Convergence Planning Meeting - Minutes

Present: Molly Sealund, Anders Vidstrand, Christopher Shein, Ken Litchfield

Permaculture Solstice Convergence 2010 - 12-7pm at Merritt Landhort

Cleanup is a top priority for the event.

Setup Saturday June 19 - Permission needed as campus closed.

Request for Security needed by May 20th or 19th

Parking OK on Campus Drive and around tennis courts.

Entrance fee suggested donation - $5 Students, $10 everyone else

Hot Spots on grounds during event: Meadow, Deck, Bathrooms,.....

Activities - Tours, Hand's on Sessions, Open Mike, Potluck, Booths, Cooking Demos, Bartering, Plant Sale, Music....

Tours - Leaders, Locations, Times

Booths - Merritt Clubs may want to participate with booths, presentations, activities - Fermentation, Permaculture, Propagation, - Others $25

Cooking Demos - Jay or Pauly

Potluck - around 2 with Open Mike for announcements

Jay Van Arsdale's "Joinery Structures in the Landscape" and Ken Litchfield's "Herbs" class will both be beginning that day.

Fundraising goes to information kiosks on the Landhort grounds and stipends for some of the workers(?)

Other Faculty suggested that may be interested in participating? - Lawrence Lee, Pat St. John, Stu Winchester, Marisha Farnsworth, Nik Bertulis

Students and others that want to volunteer to help organize: Jay Van Arsdale, David Gardella, Phillip Minnick, Jay Holochek, Pauly Plotnick, Juan BP, Theresa Halula, Brett Stephens, Casey Allen, Karla Nagy, Antonio Roman-Alcala,

Next Convergence Meeting - 2:30 Fri 5/21/10