Sad news My Mom passing

Philip Yee

May 10, 2010, 1:12:18 PM5/10/10
to daik...@googlegroups.com
Dear daikudojo members,

As some of you know, my mom has been in hospital. She had been battling metastatic breast cancer for 10 years. She passed on Friday, May 7 at 8:05am, quite suddenly, I my mind.  I had just put her in a nursing facility last Wednesday night for hospice care. I was expecting her to pass in a month or 2.

Thursday, signed the hospice program paper and nursing facility papers, saw my mom weak and not able to talk. Hospice doctor called Thursday night, said She seemed nonresponive and in pain, would start giving morphine to ease pain.  Friday morning, hospice nurse called saying my mom passed on.

Didn't want to ruin anybody else's mother's day, so I delay this annoucement.
Family will have funeral services at

Chapel of Chimes
4499 Piedmont Ave
Oakland CA 94611

Viewing/Wake 7-8pm Friday May 14 2010
Funeral Service 11am-12:30am Saturday May 15 2010

Feel free to stop by

I can be reached on my cell at 510-708-1958 if you have any questions.

Thanks Phil

Peggy Yep

May 10, 2010, 8:34:23 PM5/10/10
to daik...@googlegroups.com
Phil,  we are so very sorry to hear about your mother's passing.  Please accept our condolescences.  I am just glad you were not away in China.  We will be there at the Chapel of the Chimes.....my father is enturned there.  Take care and please let me know if you need help with anything.  Peggy and Joe

Philip Yee

May 10, 2010, 9:06:40 PM5/10/10
to daik...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peggy  Phil

Howard Pollack

May 11, 2010, 10:18:34 AM5/11/10
to daikudojo
Dear Phil-
I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I hope that she was
not in pain during her last moments. If there is anything I can do to
be helpful to you I'd be most pleased if you'd ask. Please accept my
condolences.
Best regards,
Howard

Philip Yee

May 11, 2010, 3:20:39 PM5/11/10
to daik...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your kind thoughts Howard  Phil