Adventures at Admissions and Records aka Signing up for Fall Classes

Philip Yee

Aug 16, 2010, 9:58:37 PM8/16/10
to daik...@googlegroups.com, jayvan...@aol.com
Dear Group and Sensei,

I tried signing up for classes at Laney and Merritt.  At Merritt, the Lady in charge of admissions said you have to wait 3 years before you can take the class again if you pass. It seems I was not the first to approach them about taking the Landscape Joinery again.

 One of the student workers handed me a new form as of 8/3/2010 called a Petition for Course Repetition. I have scan a copy for everyone trying to take classes to see. At Laney, I turned in one of these forms to the Dean of Matriculation room 804.  Maybe with luck you can use  to get into class under section D:

Repeat a course previously successfully passed because it "is necessary to meet a legally mandated training requirement as a condition of continued paid or volunteer employment."( The grade shall be included for purposes of calculating the PCCD grade point average.)**[Title 6, section 55041]. Please attach necessary documentation.

Seems like the gate could be volunteer employment to me.

Anybody else got ideas?  Have a good week Phil
CCI00000.jpg