Re: Nakashima Conoid Chair

lee coleman

Oct 22, 2010, 1:04:52 PM10/22/10
to jayvan...@aol.com, daikudojo
It is 16 degrees off the vertical, and the chair bottom slopes up 6 degrees from the horizontal.  Thus the slot in the leg has to be ten degrees from a perpendicular line off of the front end of the leg.  The chair bottom is shaped, by me at least, by spoon planes of varying sizes.  There are schemes for building jigs to rout out most of it, but I think they're more trouble than they're worth unless you plan on making a lot of them.

lee