Several long-running tasks in one daemon

zoopzoop

Jun 8, 2010, 11:54:25 AM6/8/10
to Daemon Kit
Hi!

I need to run several (about 30) long-running tasks at the same time.
They all should be started, stopped and restarted together, so I would
like to have one daemon "taking care" of all of them.
Is that somehow possible?

More detail:
Each task is a TweetStream client that hooks up to Twitter and
monitors a keyword.
Something like this:

TweetStream::Client.new('username', 'password).track('keyword) do |
status|
process_status
end

So I cannot just start them one after the other because it acts like a
loop and never returns.

Any tips on how I could manage several of these clients simultaneously
would be appreciated!