Slight problem with environments

Dave @ UPENN

Jan 29, 2010, 1:19:23 PM1/29/10
to Daemon Kit
Hey Ken,
I was messing around with environment vars and decided to put them
in config/envronments/DAEMON_ENV.rb

I noticed after I did that, they weren't being picked up by my code at
all. I added a line in the executable:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
#
# Stub executable for qips-node-amqp

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../config/environment'
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../config/environments/' +
DAEMON_ENV

..to look for environments/ files and then it started working.

is it normal to have to add that line in, or is the initializer
supposed to look for those environment files? just curious, maybe i'm
not calling the initializer correctly or something..

thx
-d

Kenneth Kalmer

Feb 6, 2010, 2:52:17 AM2/6/10
to daemo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave

Apologies for being a week late on this one !

I did a quick test on my side and these files are loaded correctly. My test was on 0.1.8pre (built locally). Is it possible to gist an example for me to have a look at ?

Best

--
Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth...@gmail.com