Exceptions emails in daemon-kit

Kenneth Kalmer

Apr 14, 2010, 5:35:49 PM4/14/10
to daemon-kit
Hi list

I've ripped out exception emails from daemon-kit. The whole safety net
implementation requires an overhaul, but that is for another time...

A more pressing issue is bundler 0.9.x support, and the bundled tmail
library is causing some issues that I cannot get resolved. Moving over
to the new mail gem looks promising, but it depends on activesupport
>= 2.3.4. ActiveSupport prior to version 3.0.0 doesn't seem to play
well with bundler either, and having ActiveSupport as an implicit
dependency for daemon-kit doesn't play well with me yet...

Do let me know what you think, I personally prefer Hoptoad for
exception tracking...

If this is a real loss for someone please speak up so we can figure
out how to get exception emails working in a useful manner.

Kind regards

--
Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth...@gmail.com