error starting up daemons

huberto

Jan 21, 2010, 8:20:38 PM1/21/10
to Daemon Kit
i was following this starter's guide http://www.elctech.com/articles/ruby-daemons-and-angels
and when i got to step 2 and tried to start the daemon using the
command 'bin/xx' i got the following error.

./../config/boot.rb:45:in `load_initializer': uninitialized constant
DaemonKit::GemBoot::Gem (NameError)
from ./../config/boot.rb:29:in `run'
from ./../config/boot.rb:10:in `boot!'
from ./../config/boot.rb:59
from ./../config/environment.rb:7:in `require'
from ./../config/environment.rb:7
from ./xx:5:in `require'
from ./xx:5

i have version 0.1.7.12 installed as well as eventmachine 0.12.10.

any thoughts?

thanks, h

Kenneth Kalmer

Jan 24, 2010, 5:51:20 PM1/24/10
to daemo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huberto

Thanks for reporting, this seems like a glaring oversight on my part. I've fixed it in the current pre-release gem (0.1.8pre) and you can get a copy of the fixed file on github [1] and just replace config/boot.rb with it.

My apologies for taking three days to respond, I used the opportunity to do some updates to daemon-kit that I'll announce shortly in another mail to the list.

Kind regards

--
Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth...@gmail.com