rake problems under 1.9

Mark

Feb 19, 2011, 10:16:33 AM2/19/11
to Daemon Kit
I am having trouble with the daemonize rake command from a generated
daemon in ruby 1.9.2. It works better in 1.8.7, but still has another
problem. (I am on a MAC with rvm, same thing happens on a linux
machine without rvm)

In 1.9.2:

bash$ rake log:truncate
(in /server)
To use rspec for testing you must install rspec gem:
gem install rspec
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- config/environment

So that is bad.

In 1.8.7 it can complete rake, but is still missing rspec:

bash$ rake log:truncate
(in /server)
To use rspec for testing you must install rspec gem:
gem install rspec

So neither can find rspec even though it is installed (see below).

bash$ gem list

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bundler (1.0.10)
daemon-kit (0.1.8.1)
diff-lcs (1.1.2)
em-hiredis (0.0.1)
eventmachine (0.12.10)
eventmachine_httpserver (0.2.1)
hiredis (0.2.0)
json (1.2.0)
rake (0.8.7)
rake-compiler (0.7.6)
redis (2.1.1)
rspec (2.5.0)
rspec-core (2.5.1)
rspec-expectations (2.5.0)
rspec-mocks (2.5.0)

Kenneth Kalmer

Feb 21, 2011, 7:59:22 AM2/21/11
to daemo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

I'll dive into that for you, it is caused by '.' no longer being in
the default load path for Ruby 1.9.0 and later. I thought I had most
of them fixed.

Apologies for the delayed reply as well.

Kind regards

> --

Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth...@gmail.com