D28S | Week 38 ・゚✧

Katrina Orevillo

Jan 5, 2020, 10:38:15 PM1/5/20
to d28...@googlegroups.com, Division 28 South Seamonkeys OFFICERS, d28sad...@googlegroups.com, d28ssea...@googlegroups.com
Aloha, Seamonkeys!
This email is being sent by the 2019-2020 Division 28 South Lieutenant Governor, Megen Lopez.

I apologize for the late email this week! I just got back from my training conference in California, but not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow! I wish you all the best of luck for this upcoming semester, and for me and other seniors, which will be our last high school spring semester!

With the new year and an early DCON comes club elections! Please keep in mind to make sure your club meets quorum. To find out what “quorum” means and the duties of each position on the club, division, district, and even international level, click here to see the elections guide made by 18-19 Lieutenant Governor Katrina Orevillo.

Additionally, thank you if you watched my live and I hope you found it useful! If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

The following will be discussed in this email (highlighted information is new or updated):
  • Division Contests
  • CNH District Judging
  • DCON Talent
  • Conclave Delegate Registration *updated
  • Conclave | January DCM Logistics +Stuffed Animal Drive!
  • CNH DCON Presenters Application
Division Contests
Division Contests are here! To read more details regarding the types of contests you can apply for, read MRC Jackie's most recent email!

The contest deadline is January 20th, 2020.

CNH District Judging Committee
The CNH District is in need of members for the District Judging Committee! Any dues paid member in good standing is eligible to apply! A majority of the judging will take place electronically, but there is on-site judging that takes place on Friday, March 13th at District Convention.

The 2019-2020 District Judging applications have been uploaded on the CNH CyberKey under the Recognition tab, on the Contests page! To apply to be a District judge, fill out the District Judge application and submit to cnh.kcc...@gmail.com

The deadline for this application is Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 by 11:59PM.

DCON Talent

Do you or someone you know have a special talent that you would like to be showcased during District Convention 2020? Well, the Member Recognition committee is looking for acts to perform during the recognition session, Saturday night of District Convention.

To apply, please fill out the entry form attached to the Talent guidelines and submit any other requested materials stated.

The deadline for this application is Wednesday, January 20th, 2020 by 11:59PM PST. However, please aim to submit applications prior to the deadline in case of the need for changes to the act, such as in the case of inability to access a file or if music contains inappropriate language.

Conclave Delegate Registration
Conclave is over a month away! We are in need for 2 delegates from each club to vote on the next elected Lieutenant Governor. It is highly recommended that the delegates are not seniors, and that they will hold an officer position for the 2020-2021 term. The link to sign up is here, all delegates are expected to sign up by January 18th!

Conclave | January DCM
Conclave is coming up soon, in a little over a month Division 28 South will have their very own elect, the Lieutenant Governor for the 2020-2021 term! Come to Conclave as an opportunity to listen to the candidate's experiences and meet the next elected LTG!

Here are the Logistics:
When: January 25, 2020 | 8AM - 12PM
Where: Southwest CTA | 7050 W Shelbourne Ave, Las Vegas NV 89113
Dress Code: Key Club casual (business professional for candidates)

The January DCM is also taking place after the candidate's speeches, and we'll be making Valentine's Day Cards for children in the hospital! Along with that, we are going to be hosting a stuffed animal drive

Please ensure that the stuffed animals are in good quality, new or gently usedas these will be donated to the children along with the cards!

CNH DCON Presenters Application
DCON "Service is Out There" is only four months away! Applications for presenters are out, and you can apply at tinyurl.com/DCONApp2020! Please keep in mind that all presenters will have to go through a short interview, and that there is a maximum of 4 presenters per workshop.

The due date is on January 12th, 2020 at 6:00 PM
If you apply to present, your club will earn +50 Banana Bucks per presenter!

That’s all, Seamonkeys! Thank you for all that you do (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡

--

Surfing With Seamonkey Service,

Megen Lopez
Lieutenant Governor 2019-2020
Division 28 South | Region 5
California-Nevada-Hawaii District
Key Club International

“If we wait until we are ready, we will be waiting for the rest of our lives
.
"
―
Lemony Snicket