Fwd: CZ-EarthCube workshop confirmations, poster titles and more.

Anthony Aufdenkampe

Jan 10, 2013, 10:44:56 PM1/10/13
to Critical Zone EarthCube Domain Group
Hello Workshop Participants,

We are looking forward to the Critical Zone EarthCube workshop in 2 weeks!  Thank you all for registering!  The participant list is now available at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiAbrk7WhhmjdE9wU2xURjRIYkVDaFlvaHNKQUREMlE#gid=0

The agenda and travel information can be viewed here:
All of you should have now made your travel arrangements.  If you are early career, an invited speaker or on the organizing committee, hand on to those receipts so that we can reimburse your travel.

We are also finalizing hotel reservations for everyone.  Please confirm hotel nights we have listed for you in the participant list, and email any necessary changes to me and Jane Sowdon (cc'ed above).

Although the primary focus of this workshop is to "develop a set of unifying requirements" for cyber-infrastructure that could server our multidisciplinary, integrative community -- we also want to share our current work and ideas toward those goals.  Thus we have set aside time for a poster session after dinner on Tuesday Jan 22.

Please provide titles and brief abstracts (optional) for posters that you would like to present using this form:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDljN09lN3dWRkIxUFRxVmNCSDJfOFE6MQ

We can begin our work toward developing unifying requirements by looking over and beginning to edit documents that I've placed on our shared Google Docs collection:  https://drive.google.com/#folders/0ByAbrk7WhhmjWEpkQ0JyRzBFS3M
In particular, please begin thinking about your answers to the questions in the two attached documents

Last, if you haven't already, please join the Critical Zone EarthCube Domain Group, a Google Group that we'll use for workshop communications and to grant editing privileges to the Google Docs collection of workshop documents.

Cheers,
Anthony Aufdenkampe

Anthony K. Aufdenkampe, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist - Isotope & Organic Geochemistry
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Tel. 610-268-2153 ext. 263; Fax 610-268-0490

EarthCube workshop report out notes-CriticalZone.docx
science scenarios form.docx