Input necessary by FRIDAY Feb 8 Re: NSF CZO proposal summary (emma.aronson@gmail.com)

Emma

Feb 6, 2013, 1:34:49 PM2/6/13
to emma.a...@gmail.com, may...@apl.washington.edu, aufde...@stroudcenter.org, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, gberg...@gmail.com, dt...@usu.edu, vale...@sdsc.edu, steve....@azgs.az.gov, twhit...@sdsc.edu, roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com, rduerr...@gmail.com, zasl...@sdsc.edu, jeff.ho...@usu.edu
Dear SSI Proposal Group,

The link goes to a google doc Roelof Versteeg has written based on some of what was discussed in the phone call last Friday. For those who missed the call, there were some different views on what should be included in this proposal, so there are a few different choices listed and described. I think the third is the most original, with the smallest degree of overlap with existing projects. However, it would also present the most difficulty. I want to stress that this proposal is an opportunity for us to propose a problem that we want to address, and hopefully fix. We need to describe the process we will use to address it, but we do not need to know how we will fix the problem at the outset. If it were easy, they wouldn't want to shell out $1M for it!

So, if you would like to be involved moving forward, please input your information in a box at the top of the document and then add any input you have. Feel free to edit what is there, not just add.

I hope you can add your input by Friday so that we can move forward and contact the program officers with whatever we have decided. We are on a short timetable and I would like to move quickly to decide what the proposal will be on, so that we can begin writing ASAP.

If you would not like to be involved any longer, please simply do not input your information. We will use the self-provided contact info moving forward.

Thanks!
Emma

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Emma Aronson (Google Drive) <emma.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've shared an item with you.
Google Drive: create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place. Logo for Google Drive

--
Emma L Aronson, PhD
emma.a...@gmail.com

Zaslavsky, Ilya

Feb 11, 2013, 11:13:55 AM2/11/13
to Emma, may...@apl.washington.edu, aufde...@stroudcenter.org, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, gberg...@gmail.com, dt...@usu.edu, Valentine, David, steve....@azgs.az.gov, Whitenack, Thomas, roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com, rduerr...@gmail.com, jeff.ho...@usu.edu

Hi All,

A lot of good thoughts are shared in the Google doc. I hope we can find time to discuss and coordinate sometime today, and decide on moving forward. Time is very short, not to mention that folks potentially on the proposal team are deciding which proposal they are writing (there is a limit of one proposal per senior participant). Would connecting around 3pm PST today, over skype, work?

-          Ilya

Emilio Mayorga

Feb 11, 2013, 11:57:02 AM2/11/13
to steve....@azgs.az.gov, Zaslavsky, Ilya, Emma, aufde...@stroudcenter.org, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, gberg...@gmail.com, dt...@usu.edu, Valentine, David, Whitenack, Thomas, roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com, rduerr...@gmail.com, jeff.ho...@usu.edu
Works for me. -Emilio

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Steve Richard <steve....@azgs.az.gov> wrote:

That time works for me.

steve

[...]

Image removed by sender. Logo for Google Drive

--
Emma L Aronson, PhD
emma.a...@gmail.com

Ruth Duerr

Feb 11, 2013, 1:44:39 PM2/11/13
to Kerstin Lehnert, Emilio Mayorga, steve....@azgs.az.gov, Zaslavsky, Ilya, Emma, aufde...@stroudcenter.org, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, gberg...@gmail.com, dt...@usu.edu, Valentine, David, Whitenack, Thomas, roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com, jeff.ho...@usu.edu
That works for me too.  Skype?  If so rduerr3353.

- Ruth Duerr

On Feb 11, 2013, at 10:28 AM, Kerstin Lehnert <leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:

So, 6PM EST?

Works for me.

Dr. Kerstin Lehnert
Director, Integrated Earth Data Applications Research Group
Director, Geoinformatics for Geochemistry

Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Columbia University
Palisades, NY, 10964

Anthony Aufdenkampe

Feb 12, 2013, 9:05:11 AM2/12/13
to Gary Berg-Cross, Kerstin Lehnert, Zaslavsky, Ilya, Emma, may...@apl.washington.edu, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, dt...@usu.edu, Valentine, David, steve....@azgs.az.gov, Whitenack, Thomas, roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com, rduerr...@gmail.com, jeff.ho...@usu.edu
Hi All,
    I'm sorry that I was not able to make the Skype call yesterday, but I'm very interested in where the discussion went.  In short, now that I have our CZO proposal submitted and have had time to reflect, I'm very interested in participating in this.  I've had time to read over the "NSF CZO proposal summary" Google Doc, and have thoughts/ideas.  Ilya and I also discussed many possibilities last Thursday on a phone call.
    I'ld love an update on the group's thinking.

Cheers,
Anthony

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Gary Berg-Cross <gberg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I should have my Skype up in a few minutes.. garyb.cross

Gary

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Kerstin Lehnert <leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:
How do I connect with you?

Dr. Kerstin Lehnert
Director, Integrated Earth Data Applications Research Group
Director, Geoinformatics for Geochemistry

Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Columbia University
Palisades, NY, 10964

--
Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project

Anthony K. Aufdenkampe, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist - Isotope & Organic Geochemistry
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Tel. 610-268-2153 ext. 263; Fax 610-268-0490

Gary Berg-Cross

Feb 11, 2013, 11:22:34 AM2/11/13
to Zaslavsky, Ilya, Emma, may...@apl.washington.edu, aufde...@stroudcenter.org, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, dt...@usu.edu, Valentine, David, steve....@azgs.az.gov, Whitenack, Thomas, roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com, rduerr...@gmail.com, jeff.ho...@usu.edu
That's 6 pm for me in the DC area and should work.

Gary

Zaslavsky, Ilya

Feb 11, 2013, 1:55:18 PM2/11/13
to Emma Aronson, Roelof Versteeg, Gary Berg-Cross, <mayorga@apl.washington.edu>, <aufdenkampe@stroudcenter.org>, <a-packman@northwestern.edu>, <lehnert@ldeo.columbia.edu>, <czo-earthcube-domain-group@googlegroups.com>, <dtarb@usu.edu>, Valentine, David, <steve.richard@azgs.az.gov>, Whitenack, Thomas, <rduerratnsidc@gmail.com>, <jeff.horsburgh@usu.edu>

Thanks Emma, it would be great if you coordinate. The time seems to be Ok for several people, so let’s do it at 6pm EST/3pm PST, over skype and possibly join.me for screen sharing

-          ilya

That time is good for me as well. Anyone who was not on the previous call and wants to be on this one should send their information. I am happy to coordinate the call again.

Cheers

Emma

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 11, 2013, at 8:24 AM, "Roelof Versteeg" <roelof....@subsurfaceinsights.com> wrote:

That time works for me as well.

Gary

Dear SSI Proposal Group,

Google Drive: create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.

Gary Berg-Cross

Roelof Versteeg

Feb 11, 2013, 11:24:09 AM2/11/13
to Gary Berg-Cross, Zaslavsky, Ilya, Emma, may...@apl.washington.edu, aufde...@stroudcenter.org, a-pa...@northwestern.edu, leh...@ldeo.columbia.edu, czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com, dt...@usu.edu, Valentine, David, steve....@azgs.az.gov, Whitenack, Thomas, rduerr...@gmail.com, jeff.ho...@usu.edu

Emma Aronson