CZ-EarthCube workshop posters, group, docs

Anthony Aufdenkampe

Jan 10, 2013, 11:32:22 PM1/10/13
to Critical Zone EarthCube Domain Group, Jane Sowdon, Genevieve Pearthree
Hi All,
    A few reminders and nudges to prep for the workshop in 10 days.

Confirm hotel nights, if you haven't already, that we have listed for you in the participant list, and email any necessary changes to me and Jane Sowdon.

Plan to bring a poster, and submit your poster title and optionally your abstract.  The poster session will be low key and relaxed, so recycle a poster from AGU or elsewhere if you don't have time.  Ideal topics might include one of the below, but don't feel constrained.  Let the rest of us know what you do.
  • your critical zone science that might be or become constrained by data and cyber-infrastructure
  • your cyber-infrastructure projects that are begining to meet release constraints on scientists
  • an overview of the environmental observatory or other project that you participate in
Join the Critical Zone EarthCube Domain Group to enable document sharing before, during and after the workshop, and to receive email communication via czo-earthcube...@googlegroups.com.  You can join the group with any email address, but to gain document sharing privileges you must sign in with an email address associated with your Google account.  This does not need to be a gmail.com email address, or even your primary Google account email address.  Also, you can associate multiple alternate email addresses with your Google account, and all will work for gaining access to a Google Doc shared with any other associated email address.

Plan to bring a laptop, tablet or smart phone with the knowledge on how to effectively use Google Docs.  We will be actively and simultaneously co-authoring a suite of documents via Google Docs.  If you are new to Google Docs, watch and read these short tutorials:
See you soon!
Anthony

Anthony K. Aufdenkampe, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist - Isotope & Organic Geochemistry
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Tel. 610-268-2153 ext. 263; Fax 610-268-0490

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Anthony Aufdenkampe <aufde...@stroudcenter.org> wrote:
Hello Workshop Participants,

We are looking forward to the Critical Zone EarthCube workshop in 2 weeks!  Thank you all for registering!  The participant list is now available at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiAbrk7WhhmjdE9wU2xURjRIYkVDaFlvaHNKQUREMlE#gid=0

The agenda and travel information can be viewed here:
All of you should have now made your travel arrangements.  If you are early career, an invited speaker or on the organizing committee, hand on to those receipts so that we can reimburse your travel.

We are also finalizing hotel reservations for everyone.  Please confirm hotel nights we have listed for you in the participant list, and email any necessary changes to me and Jane Sowdon (cc'ed above).

Although the primary focus of this workshop is to "develop a set of unifying requirements" for cyber-infrastructure that could server our multidisciplinary, integrative community -- we also want to share our current work and ideas toward those goals.  Thus we have set aside time for a poster session after dinner on Tuesday Jan 22.

Please provide titles and brief abstracts (optional) for posters that you would like to present using this form:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDljN09lN3dWRkIxUFRxVmNCSDJfOFE6MQ

We can begin our work toward developing unifying requirements by looking over and beginning to edit documents that I've placed on our shared Google Docs collection:  https://drive.google.com/#folders/0ByAbrk7WhhmjWEpkQ0JyRzBFS3M
In particular, please begin thinking about your answers to the questions in the two attached documents

Last, if you haven't already, please join the Critical Zone EarthCube Domain Group, a Google Group that we'll use for workshop communications and to grant editing privileges to the Google Docs collection of workshop documents.

Cheers,
Anthony Aufdenkampe