error opening cytoscape session file in version 3.9.1

Negar Mottaghi

Jul 9, 2022, 11:35:30 AM7/9/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
  Hi,

When opening saved session files, Cytoscape starts the process of opening, but it freezes and I cannot even cancel the process. Canceling the read session file popup box leaves the animated progress bar running indefinitely (it doesn't cancel) and I have to end the Cytoscape process via the windows task manager to close the application.

Running Windows 11

I sent the file of my session to one of my colleagues and he could open it in his own Cytoscape. This means my file doesn't have any problem.

Thanks for any help.

Scooter Morris

Jul 14, 2022, 10:03:27 AM7/14/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Sorry to hear you're having problems.  A good first step, particularly since your colleague can open the file would be to disable all of your apps.  You may have an app that your colleague doesn't have that's getting hung.

-- scooter