MERGING NETWORK - reg

mohana prasad

Jul 16, 2021, 12:23:44 PM7/16/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Dear all,
 I have imported the network from KEGG pathways and I am able to  merge two pathways  directly after importing but I am lacking in merging the pathways after some edits. If I try to merge the pathways it doesn't recognize the edits, only the source data is getting merged. I want differentiate the nodes of each pathways after merging. Is it possible to do that.. Could you please guide me to merging pathways? thank you so much.

With regards,
Poovizhi

Scooter Morris

Jul 29, 2021, 11:37:42 AM7/29/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Poovizhi,

What kinds of edits are you making?  If you are changing the visual properties, you are correct, those will not be maintained.  The easiest way to do what you want, is to add a new column to your nodes or edges and just enter the pathway name (you can automatically paste that into all rows).  The merge will preserve that column and you can use that to modify the style.

-- scooter

mohana prasad

Aug 2, 2021, 3:16:14 AM8/2/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Scooter,
Thank you so much for response, Actually I want to analyze the pathways involved by particular molecules to finalize my target molecule. For that I have imported all the pathways of a molecules and try to merge it. Now I am lacking in differentiate the each pathways during merging. If I am able to differentiate the pathways during merging I can easily understand the interaction of the particular molecule and their pathways.. Thank you

With regards,
Poovizhi

Scooter Morris

Aug 5, 2021, 9:13:56 AM8/5/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Poovizhi,

OK, so before the merge, you need to add a column to one of your pathways and set the values in the column to 1 or True or the name of the pathway.  That column should be preserved as part of the merge, but only one pathway will have any values, which should allow you to distinguish between the pathways.

-- scooter