Extraction of ego etworks

Keqiang An

Oct 8, 2021, 2:26:54 PM10/8/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello. I use Cytoscape to process very large networks, mostly affiliation networks (two-mode. I want to extract ego networks from a large graph, but I want to be able to extract relations beyond First neighbors. Is there any way to do this? Thanks for any tip. Christian

Scooter Morris

Oct 14, 2021, 10:46:51 AM10/14/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Greetings,
   You don't mention how you are extracting the first neighbors, but if you are using the "Select->Nodes->First neighbors..." you can just execute that twice, which will result in selecting the first and second neighbors of your initial node.

-- scooter