going deeper - intermediate level tutorials on syntax structure for web?

Zhiliang Hu

Aug 2, 2021, 1:27:54 PM8/2/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I followed Cytoscape web demo (https://js.cytoscape.org/) to have had some initial success to display some basic networks (also thanks to the tutorials (https://blog.js.cytoscape.org/2016/05/24/getting-started/) and Blog for layouts (https://blog.js.cytoscape.org/2020/05/11/layouts/#classes-of-layouts) ).

However, I am kind of stuck to go future by trying out more features listed at https://js.cytoscape.org/, simply failed to figure out where to correctly place sample codes in the basic codes framework. Are there any examples/tutorials to explain the web codes structures syntax for implementing different types of the demo codes? (what to go where)

In addition, among all available layouts, some work fine for me under a basic structure with 300 nodes (grid, circle, concentric, breathfirst) but some others simple don't work (dagre, fcose, cise, cola, spread, etc). Not sure what I am missing ...

Thanks in advance,
Zhiliang

Scooter Morris

Aug 5, 2021, 9:15:17 AM8/5/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Zhiliang,

Sorry, this group is generally for discussing the Cytoscape desktop application.  cytoscape.js discussions usually take place on stack overvlow.

-- scooter