scNetViz - loading own data

Amin Ali

Oct 28, 2021, 7:16:03 PM10/28/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi there,

I was wondering if there a step to step instruction on how to load my own data into scNetViz? I'm really looking forward in trying to analyse my data on cytoscape.

Thanks in advance,
Amin

Scooter Morris

Nov 4, 2021, 11:24:44 AM11/4/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Amin,
Take a look at Use Case #2 in the paper: https://f1000research.com/articles/10-448  That contains step-by-step instructions for loading your own data.

-- scooter

Elena MacFarlane

Aug 4, 2022, 2:52:33 PM8/4/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello, for some reason, while I am able to load data from the Atlas, when I click on Load experiment--> import from  in the sequence below, nothing happens. No browser window opens for me to select a folder or file.

 Choose Apps  scNetViz  Load Experiment  Import from file from the menu, then browse to locate and open a zip, tar.gz, tgz, or gzip file of the three MatrixMarket files (.mtx, .mtx_cols, .mtx_rows) comprising a normalized scRNA-seq quantification dataset.

I cannot find any help on this issue anywhere, seems like it is only happening to me?

Thank you!

Elena

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 2.48.51 PM.png

Scooter Morris

Aug 9, 2022, 11:38:12 AM8/9/22
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi Elena,

    Can you tell us what version of scNetViz you are running?  Version 1.7 fixed a number of issues with loading experiments from file.  Also, what type of computer are you using?

-- scooter

Elena MacFarlane

Aug 9, 2022, 11:43:15 AM8/9/22
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Thank you-

ScNetViz is 1.7 and my mac is MacBook Pro i7– attached photos with details

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

Scooter Morris

Aug 9, 2022, 11:52:44 AM8/9/22