Setting

yasemin ekinci

Jun 26, 2024, 1:00:05 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi there, I am so new to using cytoscape and am starting to analyse my daya using cluego.
I have questions about that.
1:  When  I ran my protein list using gProfiller and clue go cytoscape , they gave a different list for me, even though the statistical filter is the same. What is the reason for that?
2: I have different size of protein lists, and their protein numbers are different :  for example : 47, 65, 120 , 500. So I am confused about the advanced trm/pathway selections setting. If I choose a small number, it gives a huge connection, and if I choose a high number , it gives a lower BP pathway. So , for consistency and to visualize, I decided to use cytoscpae, but i need help.

Thanks

Scooter Morris

Jun 26, 2024, 7:32:12 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Greetings,

I'll try to help if I can...

On Wednesday, June 26, 2024 at 10:00:05 AM UTC-7 ek.yase...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi there, I am so new to using cytoscape and am starting to analyse my daya using cluego.
I have questions about that.
1:  When  I ran my protein list using gProfiller and clue go cytoscape , they gave a different list for me, even though the statistical filter is the same. What is the reason for that?
That's difficult to answer in the abstract.  g:Profiler allows you to give both ordered and unordered gene lists.  ClueGO is strictly unordered.  That might impact your results.

2: I have different size of protein lists, and their protein numbers are different :  for example : 47, 65, 120 , 500. So I am confused about the advanced trm/pathway selections setting. If I choose a small number, it gives a huge connection, and if I choose a high number , it gives a lower BP pathway. So , for consistency and to visualize, I decided to use cytoscpae, but i need help.
I guess I would need more information.  There are three settings under Advanced Term/Pathway Selection Options.  Which one are you referring to?

Thanks

I would also suggest you read through the  ClueGO tutorial at: http://www.ici.upmc.fr/cluego/cluegoDocumentation.shtml

-- scooter

yasemin ekinci

Jun 27, 2024, 8:20:02 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scooter,
Thank you for your quick response. I am referring to the second one: the min # genes and % genes section. How do I set this section for 150 and 350 proteins?
Thanks