phosphopath create new network of pathway

Leila Rato

Mar 22, 2021, 4:21:16 PM3/22/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I am trying to create a new network from a few pathways I selected from the 'select a pathway' table and I keep getting this null error, caught exception executing task.
I am at step 2.5 of the manual and everything had worked out so far.
Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Leila

Scooter Morris

Apr 1, 2021, 11:46:29 AM4/1/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Leila,
   I don't know much about the phosphopath app, but I might be able to help.  Can you tell me what OS your are on?  I need to see the actual backtrace from the null error you are getting, which should be in a log file.  Alternatively, you can run Cytoscape from a command prompt, and the backtrace should be visible.

-- scooter

Leila Rato

Apr 12, 2021, 4:02:04 PM4/12/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk

Hi,
I am using windows 10 but could you tell me where I can find the log files? I am new to this and I really do not know what that means.

Thank you so much for your help!
Leila

Leila Rato

Apr 12, 2021, 4:06:59 PM4/12/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk

This is what I found, I hope this is it!
On Thursday, 1 April 2021 at 18:46:29 UTC+3 ssbsm...@gmail.com wrote:
framework-cytoscape.log

Scooter Morris

Apr 22, 2021, 8:56:28 AM4/22/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
That's exactly it.  So, the phosphopath App is getting an error in it's internal code that is trying to create a network.  Without access to the code it would be difficult for me to figure out exactly what's happening.  I would suggest sending e-mail to the phosphopath authors.

-- scooter

Leila Rato

May 26, 2021, 5:39:24 AM5/26/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I tried contacting the authors but it did not lead to anything so I was wondering if you have any other advice? I have not managed to go around it.

Best,
Leila

Scooter Morris

May 27, 2021, 11:53:48 AM5/27/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
No, unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas.  Did you try it with the sample dataset provided at: https://github.com/linseyr/PhosphoPath?  If that works, maybe we can figure out how to work around the bug.

-- scooter