name problem in the edge table

Vania Joceline

Jun 25, 2024, 12:10:02 PMJun 25
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
I am a new cytoscape user and would really appreciate some help. I have string plugin installed.

So, I have done search network using string protein query for creating network of genes.

but, after the result is displayed, I ran into problem where in the edge table like in this picture, the shared name and name column wont show any gene name display like in the network above.

some of friend's pc able to generate gene name in the same edge table.

problem.jpg
so this is the picture in my cytoscape that ran into problem

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-23 at 20.43.37.jpeg
while this picture is my friend's cytoscape that can show gene name in the same shared name and name column.
Please help me to solve this problem. thank you.

Vania

Scooter Morris

Jun 26, 2024, 7:43:32 PMJun 26
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Vania,

Well, the edge naming is a little unfortunate in Cytoscape for some historical reasons.  In fact, your edges are showing the name of the nodes (click on the node table and look at the name column).  However, there is a way to get what you want (sort of).  If you look at the edge table in the top, you'll see a little table icon.  If you click that, you'll be able to choose a column to add to your edge table as the source node and target node.  For example, in a string network, you would want to add the "display name" column.

-- scooter