cytoscape 2.8.2 errors upon launch

Mema Stamataki

Nov 18, 2021, 12:02:11 PM11/18/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello all,

I am very new to cytoscape, which i need to use for my thesis and specifically i need this version as well.
I've installed  cytoscape 2.8.2 and i have jdk version 17. Whenever I launch cytoscape I get these errors:

cytoscape.CytoscapeInit[ERROR]: Plugin system initialization error: java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Caused by:
class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader (jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader and java.net.URLClassLoader are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadURLPlugins(PluginManager.java:876)
at cytoscape.plugin.PluginManager.loadPlugins(PluginManager.java:837)
at cytoscape.CytoscapeInit.loadPlugins(CytoscapeInit.java:656)
at cytoscape.CytoscapeInit.init(CytoscapeInit.java:209)
at cytoscape.CyMain.(CyMain.java:144)
at cytoscape.CyMain.main(CyMain.java:108)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I have tried everything it is mentioned here but does not work. I'd really appreciate any help in this matter please!