mapTableColumn / idmapper no longer working at all

Pierre Klemmer

Apr 7, 2024, 3:09:17 PMApr 7
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,

I have been using mapTableColumn from RCy3 to map identifiers between databases without any issues for the past 6 months or so, but since 05/04 no identifier mapping works anymore. This is the case when using mapTableColumn, the GUI (clicking on a column and selecting 'Map column'), and the command line (idmapper map column) which all use idmapper I believe. When using mapTableColumn, Cytoscape shows a brief error stating that 'networkTable not found', though I'm unsure what this really means.

No other parameters have changed at all (for network, device, or script) and I have tested this on both Cytoscape 3.10.1 and 3.10.2 on multiple devices. I'm using the feature to map Entrez Gene IDs to Ensembl IDs though I have unsuccessfully also tried to map other ID types from other columns.

Best wishes,
Pierre

Kristina Hanspers

Apr 8, 2024, 12:37:33 PMApr 8
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pierre,

The BridgeDB web service that Cytoscape id mapping uses is down right now. Please check back later.

Kristina

Pierre Klemmer

Apr 8, 2024, 1:24:07 PMApr 8
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristina,

Thanks for the swift reply! I will keep retrying. Is it possible to see the status of the service somewhere online without running idmapper?

Best wishes,
Pierre

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cytoscape-helpdesk" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cytoscape-helpdesk/CAMCRWsLtUeGH6p2RMyAXDardgV1fKrY_EWd-ToPtAKfDqFQidA%40mail.gmail.com.

Kristina Hanspers

Apr 8, 2024, 1:57:59 PMApr 8
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Ronan M.T. Fleming

Apr 8, 2024, 3:34:26 PMApr 8
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
https://beta.metanetx.org/cgi-bin/mnxweb/id-mapper
there is also a SPARQL endpoint. For metabolites only.

Mr. Ronan MT Fleming B.V.M.S. Dip. Math. Ph.D.
Associate Professor,
School of Medicine,
University of Galway,
Ireland.
Coordinator of the Horizon Europe project "Reconstruction and Computational Modelling for Inherited Metabolic Diseases" (Recon4IMD)
Peer-reviewed publications: https://goo.gl/FZPG23
Mobile:  +353 852 109 806
Github: @rmtfleming