Problem with stringapp/cytoscape-Human VEFGA missing

Aleksandra Gawrylak

May 12, 2024, 5:53:09 PMMay 12
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello,
I found out that in human VEGFA is missing from new version stringapp databease, and I need to update my old PPI networks made in cytoscape and human  VEGFA is very imporant protein (studies in hypoxia). Is there any way to do that in cytoscape?
I wil be gratefull for any tips:)

best regards,
Ola

Scooter Morris

May 16, 2024, 9:29:38 AMMay 16
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Ola,
I've reported this to the STRING team in Zurich.  I did verify that VEGFA is missing on the web site also.  You could manually add a node in Cytoscape, or (what I would suggest) would be to merge your two networks this way:
  1. In your existing PPI network, select VEGFA and all first neighbors, then create a subnetwork with just those nodes and edges.
  2. Create a new PPI network using stringApp as you normally would.
  3. Merge the two networks using the union operator.
This isn't perfect, but at least you'll have something until we hear back from the STRING database folks.

-- scooter