Qi: One question for help regarding Attribute circle Layout to plot data in Cytoscape. Thank you very much.

Qi Ma

Jul 10, 2021, 7:50:54 PM7/10/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Dear All,

I used Attribute circle Layout to plot my data in Cytoscape. I want to plot my data in a circle way sorted based on the categories of the data itself. But after applied, I found the nodes listed on the circle are not evenly distributed. So, my question will be how to distribute nodes on the circle evenly? And how can I rebuild the plot in a circle by selected edge & nodes only after applying chain based filters, which plot right now is only a part of a circle. Could you guys guide me tips? Thank you so much.

Best,

Qi

Alex Pico

Jul 15, 2021, 12:09:54 PM7/15/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Yeah, the layouts only have certain options. You can find those under Layout>Settings.  That's all they are capable of. If you want to do something more, then you have to either do it manually or work on righting a new layout app.

 - Alex

Qi Ma

Jul 16, 2021, 3:34:54 AM7/16/21
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alex,

Thank you for your reply. It helps a lot.

Best,
Qi

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 9:09 AM 'Alex Pico' via cytoscape-helpdesk <cytoscape...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Yeah, the layouts only have certain options. You can find those under Layout>Settings.  That's all they are capable of. If you want to do something more, then you have to either do it manually or work on righting a new layout app.

 - Alex

Qi Ma, Assistant Research Scientist, Bioinformatics,
Department of Medicine
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
9500 Gilman Dr. MC0648
La Jolla, CA 92093-0648
(858)5983866 / (858)5346392
maqiw...@gmail.com