Unable to import styles from file

clayton.curtis.md

Jun 10, 2022, 5:22:31 PM6/10/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I created a new network, populated it with nodes and edges, modified new style ("AViVA") , and exported styles to file.

I then created a new network, populated it with nodes and edges of the same types as the first one. I then tried to import the styles.xml file, but nothing appeared to happen. (I.e., no evidence of a new style being imported.)  The task log says:
         Load Styles from File
  •  Looking for a reader...
  • Add Styles
  •  Adding styles...
  •  1 of 2: AViVA
  •  2 of 2: default
I also tried starting with a .cys file where the default style had been renamed to AViVA and augmented with mappings, etc., exporting styles to file, removing the AViVA mapping from the session, then importing the style I'd just exported. Again, no evidence of changes.

What should I see happening? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

clayton.curtis.md

Jun 10, 2022, 5:24:50 PM6/10/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
CORRECTION: That first sentence should have read "... created a new style ..."

Scooter Morris

Jun 16, 2022, 9:40:21 AM6/16/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Clayton,

You don't see your AVIVA style in the styles menu at the top of the Styles panel?  It won't be applied by default, so you'll need to actually select it...

-- scooter