Running Cytoscape 3.8.2 on Ubuntu 20.04

已查看 179 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Karen van Niekerk

未读,
2021年7月16日 16:29:562021/7/16
收件人 cytoscape-helpdesk

Hello all,

I am new to Cytoscape and I'm having persistent problems with Cytoscape freezing and crashing. I have checked that the path to Java is correct on my system (Using 14.0.2), but it seems that Cytoscape is not reading it. Are there any suggestions?

Thank you.

Karen

Alex Pico

未读,
2021年7月16日 16:35:082021/7/16
收件人 cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Karen,

Java 11 is required for Cytoscape. For Ubuntu, a simple way of installing the OpenJDK JVM is described at https://adoptopenjdk.net/installation.html?variant=openjdk11&jvmVariant=hotspot#x64_linux-jre. Java 11 must be on the PATH (ahead of any other JVM) or referenced by JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Karen van Niekerk

未读,
2021年7月17日 07:16:552021/7/17
收件人 cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. It appears to help Cytoscape run more smoothly.

I assumed a newer version of Java would work better!

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 22:35, 'Alex Pico' via cytoscape-helpdesk <cytoscape...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Karen,

Java 11 is required for Cytoscape. For Ubuntu, a simple way of installing the OpenJDK JVM is described at https://adoptopenjdk.net/installation.html?variant=openjdk11&jvmVariant=hotspot#x64_linux-jre. Java 11 must be on the PATH (ahead of any other JVM) or referenced by JAVA_HOME environment variable.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子