Problem with building enrichment map

Ermir Zulfaj

Mar 14, 2024, 2:34:21 AMMar 14
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hello!

This error pops up when trying to build my enrichment map:  "parsing generic result file, white/red minus sign For input string: "I<".

I am a new user of cytoscape and I´m facing this challenge when trying to create an enrichment map from my GSEA results (reactome pathways).

I am uploading the positively and negatively enriched pathways (.xls files; ID column containing the reactome id, description column, size column, ES column, NES, NOM p-val, FDR q-val, FWER p-val, RANK AT MAX, LEADING EDGE), and the .gmt file for the Reactome pathways (downladed from baderlab: http://download.baderlab.org/EM_Genesets/current_release/Rat/UniProt/Pathways/Rat_Reactome_March_01_2024_UniProt.gmt).
Data set edges is automatic with middle connectivity, 0,05 FDR.

Both cytoscape and enrichment map was recently downloaded and should be up to date.

kindest,

jingj...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 2:59:52 AMMar 14
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Ermir,

could you provide an example xls file here, or to Ruth in the other post so that we can reproduce the error?

Thanks,
Jing

Ruth Isserlin

Mar 14, 2024, 8:49:13 AMMar 14
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jing,
Ermir sent the files to me privately.  The issue has been resolved.  It was a formatting issue with the underlying files.
Thanks,
Ruth

Ruth Isserlin

Mar 14, 2024, 8:50:31 AMMar 14
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Oops.  I thought this was a previous post but it looks new.  Disregard my previous email.

Ruth Isserlin

Mar 14, 2024, 9:08:42 AMMar 14
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ermir,
Please send me an example file that is not working if the below suggestion doesn’t work. EM  isn’t recognizing your enrichment file as coming from GSEA because the error message says it is trying to parse a generic file as opposed to a GSEA results file.  The GSEA file should contain 11 columns as follows:
name
description
GS details
SIZE