Cytoscape 3.8, 3.8.2, 3.9 do not start

Francesca Sacco

Nov 4, 2021, 12:06:07 PM11/4/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 15.43.18.pngHello,
I have always used Cytoscape on my Mac without any problems. BUT, when I have tried to update my 3.7.2 version to the next ones (3.8, 3.8.2 and 3.9), Cytoscape is not opening.  I have a java Version 11 and I tried many different things, but still nothing has changed and I was not able to fix this problem.
I have also tried to start Cytoscape from terminal.
here a screenshot of the terminal line.

Thanks in advance for your help

Francesca Sacco

Scooter Morris

Nov 4, 2021, 12:09:07 PM11/4/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Francesca,

According to the backtrace, you seem to be running Java 8, not Java 11.  What do you see when you type "java -version"?

-- scooter