ClusterMaker - Transitivity clustering doesn't work

sepideh...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2019, 10:04:19 AM4/2/19
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,

I've been trying to run transitivity clustering from clusterMaker app but it gives me "Caught exception executing task" at the very beginning.
Any idea what's going wrong?

Best,
Sepi

Scooter Morris

Apr 4, 2019, 10:13:30 AM4/4/19
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Sepi,
   I'll try to take a look at that tomorrow.  Nobody has touched the TransClust code in a while so there might be some bitrot somewhere in there...

-- scooter

Monica Borghi

Apr 29, 2021, 2:21:30 PM4/29/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi,
I am having the same identical problem when trying to run transitivity clustering from clusterMaker app. "Caught exception executing task" at the very beginning. Was it solved previously?
Cheers,
Monica

Scooter Morris

May 6, 2021, 11:13:25 AM5/6/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Monica,
   No, I'm afraid not.  We'll be doing a significant upgrade of clusterMaker2 this summer, so hopefully we'll have a chance to look at it again.

-- scooter

Shanthini T. R.Thennarasu

Aug 18, 2021, 2:48:02 PM8/18/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi all,

I wanted to construct a heat map for the genes with respect to their pathways. So, I was trying to use cluster maker--> Hierarchial clustering and found null as it shows " caught exception executing task" .

How to rectify it, or whether any alternative is there for this application

[DISCLAIMER]:
By reading this email you are agreeing to our policies relating emails as detailed in this link.

Scooter Morris

Aug 19, 2021, 11:12:01 AM8/19/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Shanthini,
    Can you try to run Cytoscape from the command line and send me the backtrace?  Alternatively, could you send me a sample of the data and what columns you were using for your clustering?  We're about ready to do a major clusterMaker2 release and it would be good to track this down before we release the new version.

-- scooter