Applying a yFiles layout using RCy3

Pierre Klemmer

May 7, 2024, 11:32:26 AMMay 7
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi Cytoscape community,

I am using the yFiles Hierarchic Layout for my network and would like to add the layout to the script I'm using to make my network. How can I specify this yFiles layout via RCy3 or the command line? As far as I can tell, only native layout are supported in RCy3 and command line.

Best wishes,
Pierre

Alex Pico

May 7, 2024, 3:13:41 PMMay 7
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Correct. We have a special arrangement with yFiles to provide their proprietary layout algorithms on the desktop... and only the desktop. Their business model includes licensing layouts, including programmatic access to layouts. So, unfortunately, we are not able to offer yFiles layouts via CyREST, RCy3, nor py4cytoscape.