CY3D style question - how to make labels visible

clayton.curtis.md

Jul 13, 2022, 5:20:28 PM7/13/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I've had no problem with labels (and properties in general) with the 2D renderer, While a lot of that carries over to the CY3D renderer, I have yet to find out how to actually make labels show up, and would appreciate guidance.  I have specified a (string) column to use and have the mapping as "Passthrough".

Recognizing that CY3D is no longer formally supported, I want to lobby for an update to the documentation.  Case in point: an earlier version of the Style interface is used the :Visual Properties" section. Thanks!!

Clayton Curtis

Mike Kucera

Jul 13, 2022, 9:08:30 PM7/13/22
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
At the top-left of the network view there is a button that says "Labels", click that to turn on label rendering.

clayton.curtis.md

Jul 15, 2022, 9:31:10 AM7/15/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Thanks! Knew how to use 'select' and 'camera', but completely missed 'labels' being in that neck of the woods!