why does cytoscape import no table data just the column headers even though the table data are shown in the import preview dialog?

dku...@ucdavis.edu

Oct 18, 2019, 1:44:01 PM10/18/19
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Why does cytoscape import no table data but just the column headers even though the table data are shown correctly in the import preview dialog?
I am trying to import node tables and edge tables from csv that were previously exported from cytoscape.So they must be in the correct format since cytoscape exported them. I am trying to import those node and edge csv tables into a new (empty) network.
Cytoscape only imports column headers but no data even though the data formats are correct. This seems like the most basic step to start with and it already fails - why?
Thanks for any help with figuring this out.

Alex Pico

Oct 18, 2019, 1:51:38 PM10/18/19
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
No data are imported with the values in the specified key column in your data do not match any of the values in the key column in specified in your network. So, if you are attempting to import table that was exported from a network in Cytoscape, the most likely explanation is that you have not specified the correct columns to match.

Can you provide files and steps to reproduce this? And/or a screenshot?
 - Alex

Alex Pico

Oct 18, 2019, 1:54:43 PM10/18/19
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
In addition to the manual, there are videos and step-by-step tutorials.

This video covers the table import, including how to set the key column: https://youtu.be/iGpxX0Kd4Z0?t=127

 - Alex

Maryam Shah

Nov 2, 2020, 1:48:11 PM11/2/20
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I was looking for such answer. Thank you so much

Mayank Musaddi

Jan 11, 2022, 12:54:03 PM1/11/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
I had been facing the same issue for some time. Just figured out that the Edge table (in csv format) had all its cell values in quotes which shouldn't be the case. Simply copy-pasting the edge table data in a new CSV file and using that file as the Edge table did the trick for me.