initializing OSGi container ...

Mehdi Eslami

Jul 14, 2022, 10:01:03 AM7/14/22
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have installed Cytoscape 3.7 on my widows 8- 64 bit  OS and have been using it for weeks. Suddenly it stop working with the "initializing OSGi container ... " appearing when I click on the icon and not going forward. I appreciate any help ...

Mehdi

Scooter Morris

Jul 14, 2022, 10:06:17 AM7/14/22
to cytoscape-helpdesk
Wow, Mehdi.  Cytoscape 3.7 is really, really old.  My first suggestion would be update your Java to Java11 and your Cytoscape to 3.9.1 (the current release) and see if that helps.  Beyond that, you could try to run Cytoscape from the CMD shell using the cytoscape.bat file and see if you get any error messages on the console.

-- scooter