HTTPConnectionPool when calling cyrest.cyclient()

mgruzy

Jul 9, 2021, 3:04:36 AM7/9/21
to cytoscape-helpdesk
ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=1234): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/commands/network/get (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7fb78fa9eb38>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 61] Connection refused'))

I have used this code in the past and it is not working anymore.
from py2cytoscape import cyrest
cyrest.cyclient().network.get()

and now it has this  HTTPConnectionPool error.

All I am trying to do is save the network after a layout has been applied so I can make a bunch of subsequent images from specific force layout.

Christopher Churas

Jul 9, 2021, 12:13:26 PM7/9/21
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That error message sounds like py2cytoscape cannot communicate with Cytoscape.
If you haven't already, try restarting Cytoscape. Also verify you didn't have multiple instances of Cytoscape running.

What version of Cytoscape and py2cytoscape are you running?

If you are still stuck, it might not hurt to try py4cytoscape which is
replacing py2cytoscape: https://py4cytoscape.readthedocs.io/

hope this helps,

chris

Mike Gruzynski

Jul 9, 2021, 1:47:37 PM7/9/21
to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com
I just checked and it seems like it needed to be updated in the app manager (just updated and it all works now) thanks for the response!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cytoscape-helpdesk" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cytoscape-helpdesk/CAOHW_pfdmXiiumzKvK4_D712mbhXTVvcNaxNPeV5EjHp6Z3P1w%40mail.gmail.com.