How to collect multiple networks together and color theim on different colors on cytoscape?

aouiche...@yahoo.fr

Jul 15, 2017, 4:21:23 PM7/15/17
to cytoscape-discuss
Dear all,

I have 10 sub networks and my goal is to draw them all together on one graph on Cytoscape with every subnetwork with a different color

I appreciate any help!

Alex Pico

Jul 15, 2017, 5:28:33 PM7/15/17
to Cytoscape-Discuss
There are few different ways to approach this. I assume you already have these 10 network loaded into separate collections in Cytoscape. If so, then you can do the following:

1) add a new column to the node table for each network, called "subnetwork" for example. See "+" icon in Table Panel for adding new columns.
2) fill in values (e.g., 1-10) for all the nodes foe each network to serve as a subnetwork identifier after they are merged. See right-click option to copy one entry to all other
 rows in a given column.
3) perform merge via Tools menu.
4) open Styles tab and set discrete color map to your "subnetwork" column.

 - Alex

Barry Demchak

Jul 15, 2017, 6:49:20 PM7/15/17
to Cytoscape-Discuss, cytoscape-helpdesk
Hi, Alex and aouichechaimaa ...

... Forwarding this to Cytoscape...@googlegroups.com ... please continue there.

The Cytoscape-Discuss forum is inactive now.

Thanks!

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 5:06 AM, aouichechaimaa via cytoscape-discuss <cytoscape-discuss@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Dear all,

I have 10 sub networks and my goal is to draw them all together on one graph  on Cytoscape with every subnetwork with a different color

I appreciate any help!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak, PhD
: UC San Diego, Department of Medicine