role of R value in co-expression network

Elham Dallalbashi

Jan 31, 2017, 4:56:31 PM1/31/17
to cytoscape-discuss
I am new in network and have a question,It may be a strange question!!
I calculate co-expression correlation by R and now I want to visualise it in Cytoscape, when we calculate correlation we filter genes per their r value, the value of r can has role in network? I mean it has role in Thickness of interaction for example?

Barry Demchak

Jan 31, 2017, 4:57:44 PM1/31/17
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
... Moving this to cytoscape...@googlegroups.com ...

Sandeep Amberkar

Feb 1, 2017, 10:02:23 AM2/1/17
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elham,

Edge weights in a network always have to be positive, you may need to add a constant to your correlation coefficient if you want to use them as edge weight. You can then use the edge attributes -> edge weight -> continuous mapping to visualise the gradient of your correlation coefficient. Hope that helps.

Best,
Sandeep

--
Warm Regards,
Sandeep Amberkar

On 31 January 2017 at 21:16, Elham Dallalbashi <elhamdal...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am new in network and have a question,It may be a strange question!!
I calculate co-expression correlation by R and now I want to visualise it in Cytoscape, when we calculate correlation we filter genes per their r value, the value of r can has role in network? I mean it has role in Thickness of interaction for example?

Barry Demchak

Feb 1, 2017, 10:03:45 AM2/1/17
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com, cytoscape...@googlegroups.com

Hi, all –