Get existing cytoscape window from RCy3

Ruth Isserlin

Jul 27, 2016, 12:58:16 PM7/27/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have created a network from R using commands but I want to modify the resulting network.  Is there a way with RCy3 to get the existing network so I can modify it?
Thanks,
Ruth

Julia Gustavsen

Jul 28, 2016, 7:15:03 AM7/28/16
to cytoscape-discuss
Hi Ruth,

I think based on your github issue you have found the function existing.CytoscapeWindow(), but if you are still having problems let us know.

Cheers, Julia

Ruth Isserlin

Jul 28, 2016, 9:19:32 AM7/28/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julia,
For some reason biocLite(“RCy3”) keeps installing version 1.0.1 but when I downloaded the package source and installed from the source it worked.
Thanks,
Ruth

Julia Gustavsen

Jul 28, 2016, 9:59:58 AM7/28/16
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com, Tanja Muetze
Hi Ruth,

Glad to hear that it finally worked. One idea for the troubles might be that the latest release of Bioconductor works with R 3.3 and I think from your session info (https://github.com/tmuetze/Bioconductor_RCy3_the_new_RCytoscape/issues/17) you are running 3.2.

Cheers, Julia
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cytoscape-discuss" group.