1. Contact me to add your github account name to our GoogleSummerOfCode project, so that you can add projects or be added as a potential mentor for existing projects.
2. Add your project ideas to github before January 16th. Add each of your project ideas as a github issue. Make sure projects have mentors and mentor contacts listed, and that projects are tagged with relevant technologies/skills.
1. Feel free to start working on squashing bugs, submitting patches, digging into code and browsing project ideas… this is activity we encourage all year-round.
2. It's also never too early to read the GSoC FAQ and review all the links here: http://nrnb.org/gsoc
3. However, it is too early to worry about your student application. We can begin working on those with you AFTER Feb 27 (if we're accepted as an org). Student applications will be accepted from March 20 - April 3. Not before and not after. https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline