How to create a plugin with a menu

Paula Melgar Guerra

Oct 30, 2020, 2:50:06 PM10/30/20
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hello,
I've to create a "simple plugin" just with a menu with some inputs to create a network but I really don't know how to start.
I will appreciate all your comments and sugestions.
Thanks for reading!

Alex Pico

Oct 30, 2020, 3:22:20 PM10/30/20
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi Paula,

Feel free to post questions here as you go through the steps.

 - Alex

Paula Melgar Guerra

Oct 30, 2020, 4:01:14 PM10/30/20
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi Alex,
Yes, I read all the steps in that page yesterday but I couldn't find any "complete example" where I can practise.
Only know how to put a "hello" message when the plugin starts. What I would like to know is how to create a network with data asked from keybord.
Thanks for read.
Paula

Alex Pico

Oct 30, 2020, 4:43:21 PM10/30/20
to cytoscape-app-dev
Great. The app ladder includes this 106-slide app developer workshop that builds up an app from simple to more complex. The parts about networks starts ~43.

Another good strategy is to find an open source app in the Cytoscape App Store that does something similar.

 - Alex