App Dev: Launch Import Network From URL from Response Panel

Steve Pamer

Mar 28, 2023, 8:19:52 AM3/28/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi,

Is it possible to launch the File->Import->Network from URL feature from a user action in my response panel?  If so,  can someone point me in the right direction, example, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Mike Kucera

Mar 28, 2023, 4:21:13 PM3/28/23
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to get a reference to the action in your CyActivator like this...

var taskFactory = getService(bc, LoadNetworkURLTaskFactory.class);

Then create the Task and run it using a DialogTaskManager.

var taskManager = getService(bc, DialogTaskManager.class);

var tasks  = taskFactory.loadCyNetworks(myURL);
taskManager.execute(tasks);

Message has been deleted