Hide Tunable based on a value in a ListSingleSelected

ti...@menchelab.com

Jan 28, 2023, 2:25:46 PM1/28/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
I have three groups of tunables, and I would like to hide two of them based on a selected value in a ListSingleSelection<String>. I was not able to accomplish this. Does anyone know an easy solution for this?

Scooter Morris

Feb 1, 2023, 11:38:26 PM2/1/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do.  If I understand correctly, you have three groups of tunables and one of them has a ListSingleSelection.  If you select a certain value in the ListSIngleSelection, you want two of the groups of be hidden?   The only way I can think of doing that would be to have the first group of tunables in a separate task that initializes (or not) the second two groups of tunables.

-- scooter

Mike Kucera

Feb 2, 2023, 9:24:10 AM2/2/23
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Tunables have limitations because they are used for different purposes. Creating a task with Tunable fields allows it to be used as a command (through the command panel or CyREST) and through the GUI. That's why there's not a lot of flexibility to do things like you are asking for. If you don't need the command/CyREST functionality then I would suggest you just create the UI from scratch using swing, then you can do anything you want.

ti...@menchelab.com

Feb 2, 2023, 6:24:20 PM2/2/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping to avoid building my own UI 😓

Mike Kucera

Feb 3, 2023, 10:36:25 AM2/3/23
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Try using ChatGPT to build the UI for you :)