use external libraries in cytoscape app

javad t

Jul 16, 2021, 11:16:19 AM7/16/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi everyone,
I'm new in cytoscape app dev and I'm trying to develop an app for my project.

I have two questions:
1- Is it possiple to use libraries such as Tablesaw and ...  in cytoscape app?

2- In my project, I need to read 7 .csv files and finally after some computations, make a network from my data. can you please introduce any documentation or sample project?

Thanks, Javad

Scooter Morris

Jul 29, 2021, 11:25:16 AM7/29/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
I already provided links to the app ladder, but as far as using external libraries, the answer is yes, but....

You need to include those libraries in your bundle (app) jar file and they need to be carefully crafted in your pom.xml file.  Take a look at the code for clusterMaker2 (https://github.com/RBVI/clusterMaker2) which uses several external libraries.

-- scooter