Maven dependencies

Ozan Kahramanogullari

Jun 29, 2023, 3:42:27 PM6/29/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi everyone,

I am building a Swing app and I want to use Cytoscape to visualise the graphs.

For this, I tried to obtain the dependencies via Maven.

<dependency>
<groupId>org.cytoscape</groupId>
<artifactId>swing-application-api</artifactId>
<version>3.9.0</version>
</dependency>

In IntelliJ,  this results in the error message below.

----
Could not find artifact org.cytoscape:swing-application-api:jar:3.9.0 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

Try to run Maven import with -U flag (force update snapshots)
----

Does anyone know what is going on here? What am I missing?

Many thanks,
Ozan

Scooter Morris

Jul 6, 2023, 9:09:25 AM7/6/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi Ozan,
You need to add the repositories:

  <repository>
    <id>cytoscape_releases</id>
    <snapshots>
      <enabled>false</enabled>
    </snapshots>
    <releases>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
    </releases>
    <name>Cytoscape Releases</name>
    <url>http://nrnb-nexus.ucsd.edu/repository/cytoscape_releases/</url>
  </repository>
  <repository>
    <id>cytoscape_snapshots</id>
    <snapshots>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
    </snapshots>
    <releases>
      <enabled>false</enabled>
    </releases>
    <name>Cytoscape Snapshots</name>
    <url>http://nrnb-nexus.ucsd.edu/repository/cytoscape_snapshots/</url>
  </repository>

however, I'm not sure that will give you what you want.  The right way to integrate a swing app into Cytoscape is to write a Cytoscape app.  Cytoscape really isn't designed to be used as a separate library...

-- scooter