PhosphoPath issue

Elena Navarro Carrasco

Jul 5, 2022, 12:55:52 PM7/5/22
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi,

I have been using PhosphoPath for two months without any issues. However, since yesterday, I cannot create any networks, not even using the dataset.phos that is uploaded as an example in the user guide. When I import the dataset using “import network from file” it pops up an error message regarding a failed connection with Uniprot (my internet connection is good). I have repeated this process numerous times, installing and updating Cytoscape and PhosphoPath again and using different computers and the issue is always the same. I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this issue.

Thank you
Elena

konigmatt

Jul 6, 2022, 5:35:53 AM7/6/22
to cytoscape-app-dev
This is most likely due to changes in the Uniprot endpoints.
- The tool should update to the latest uniprot-japi-1.1.1 library which was released end of May. This will most likely support the latest service endpoints (I have/had similar issues with uniprot with outdated uniprot-japi versions, so one should update the tools as soon as a new data and software release is provided by uniprot)
- If PhosphoPath is using the REST webservice directly most likely the service was updated and now some queries are failing.

I can confirm that Uniprot queries are failing via the uniprot-japi at the moment (via another tool cy3sbml). If you are lucky it is only a temporary issue/bug with the services, otherwise you have to open an issue with the PhosphoPath tool to update the uniprot-japi or webservices.

Best Matthias