App Dev. Question

Hikmet Emre Kaya

Nov 23, 2023, 4:18:15 AM11/23/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hello Everyone,

I hope this post is in line with the forum rules. If not, please feel free to remove it.

I have been developing an app for the Cytoscape platform, but I am struggling to polish the app to eliminate bugs. The problem is, I am a single entity with a very niche focus on my research topic in cancer systems biology, so I find it hard to predict the entire scope of scenarios where things can go wrong in an application. I can only fix the bugs I generate while trying certain workflows that I know by heart, and other bugs told to me by experts (e.g., reviewers).

So, I am wondering how others went about polishing their app before making sure it is suitable for submitting it to the app store?

Thank you very much.

Scooter Morris

Nov 30, 2023, 9:18:19 AM11/30/23
to cytoscape-app-dev
Greetings,

It's a good question with no simple answer.  It really depends on the scope of your app.  If you intent your app for a broad audience, you need to enlist some external beta-testers from that audience.  If,  on the other hand, you intend your app only for cancer biology, then release it with and note in the app description on the app store that that is the target.   Also, it should be noted that many apps are released in more or less a "beta" condition and then improved over time.

-- scooter