create network with different nodes

javad t

Jul 20, 2021, 10:33:22 AMJul 20
to cytoscape-app-dev
 Hi
I'm new to cytoscape and I'm trying to build a ceRNA network app for cytoscape.
In my app, I read 7 files from user about mRNA, circRNA, lncRNA and miRNA's expression data and their interactions.
I did some work on files and now I hava all nodes and edges needed for my ceRNA network.

I need different shapes for each  mRNA, circRNA, miRNA and lncRNA nodes.

now I have problem for creating nodes, edges and finally my network.

How can I create nodes and edges in cytoscape app (depend on user input file, I have many nodes and edges)?
Can you please help me or introduce some documentation or sample codes?

Thank you,
Javad

Scooter Morris

Jul 29, 2021, 11:17:59 AMJul 29
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi Javad,
   You should take a look at the Cytoscape App Ladder and in particular, the powerpoint deck "Introduction to app development".  If you go through that, it will show you how to structure your app, create networks, add nodes to networks, add automation to your app (commands & tunables) and how to style your nodes and edges.  You could also take a look at several existing apps -- many of the apps on the app store have links to their source code.

-- scter